Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy April Everyone!

April is Autism Awareness Month and I have jumped on the bandwagon and decided to spend this month blogging about the little bit I know about Autism. I have worried myself silly about this and so I feel I need to preface this challenge with a disclaimer:

I am still learning about Autism and this is why I wanted to link myself to others who know more about it than I do.

I feel it is my duty to learn as much as I can because every year I have had at least 1-2 students diagnosed with Autism in my class.

I am fascinated with this neurological disability and have deep passion for all who have Autism or have been blessed with loving someone with Autism.

I do not claim to know what I'm talking about... I plan to just share my limited knowledge/observations.

I hope I do not offend anyone by sharing my experiences and am asking for any and all to please correct me or enlighten me if I am mistaken or mislead.

I am super excited to be apart of this and thanks to momologue for putting this into action. It is amazing and comforting to have so many participants.
If you would like to browse the other bloggers participating this month, click on the Autism Awareness icon on my page!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I think it's great that you're doing this, and though I understand your disclaimer, I can't imagine anyone being upset by your working to spread awareness and learn more.

Casdok said...

The more people the better! Even though my son is 19 i am still learning about autism! So other peoples insights are always valuble.