Sunday, March 23, 2008

So Close You Can Almost Taste It...

As my NB deadline quickly approaches, I listened to Natasha Beddingfield's song Unwritten today with a different perspective. I related everything I've been feeling about National Boards to the lyrics and the song left me feeling inspired and happy. For the first time in a long time I felt refreshed and good. I feel the impact of the process I have been undertaking. Maybe it is because things are beginning to bloom here, tulips, dogwood trees, azaleas... or maybe because today is Easter, a day of rebirth...but what ever the reason I am feeling good about my efforts and like they have all been worth it:



Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

2 comments:

CC said...

doo doo doo... sorry. I think I'm singing along with you.

Ashley said...

or maybe it's because "The Hills" season premiere is coming up... ;-)

I'm happy that you're feeling relieved!