Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Romeo Romeo, Where For Art Thou Romeo?

My little guy M. and I sat next to one another on the bus ride home from our fantastic field trip to a neighboring city's theater to see Eric Carle's stories come to life on stage. While on the bus M. and I had the following conversation:

M: Are you married?

Me: No.

M: Why?

Me: I haven't found a husband yet. Where do you think I'll find him? (What else do you tell a 6 year old?? I have been in the same relationship for 2.5 years but its not really going anywhere. You see we're touch and go??? ...Yeah, I opted for the easy way out.)

M: Subway (the sub sandwich place not ON the subway)

Me: Hmmm.... or maybe on the beach or at a nice restaurant?

M: Or maybe at our school. I know, you should marry Mr. P! (5th grade teacher)

Me: Mr. P is already married.

M: Well, if he ever decides to get remarried you could marry him... but wait, does Mr. P smoke?

Me: No, I don't think so.

M: Good. You don't want to marry a smoker.

Me: Why is that?

M: They stink.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Kids say the darndest things :). A lot of kids I run into seem to have a hard time grasping the idea that I can be married, but not have kids!

MadMad said...

Aw, too funny! I miss 6 - they're not as funny at 7...

Casdok said...

I love talking with kids!! :)

Gray Matter Matters said...

You know, any kid who is so observant to realize that you shouldn't marry a smoker may be worth listening to. I'm willing to bet Mr. P. would be a good catch. Now, fingers crossed for his divorce. KIDDING! Geeze.