Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

That's right... The quest for National Board status is back in my life. I am taking my (4 hour) assessment tomorrow where I will be asked 6 different scenario based questions about children that range in ages from 4-8 and cover each academic area: literacy, math, science, social studies, children's play, and physical education, health, and safety. I have devoted my day today to prepare but I'm at a loss for how to really get ready for this. There is only so much you can do since there isn't really a way to study. I am reviewing the standards, re-reading my entries, and looking at the rubrics they have given me for the assessment. Other than that I'm just going to have to go into the Assessment Center tomorrow with my fingers crossed with a lot of faith that I can get through this and do my very best. Please send good thoughts/prayers/what have you my way tomorrow from 8:30 until 1:00!
I'm kind of upset with myself for not taking the assessment right after I mailed off my portfolio, but I needed a break. I don't know what would have been better... taking it when I was overloaded with the National Board jargon/process OR taking it now that I've given myself a break. Regardless, this has been the most difficult thing I have ever gone through and tomorrow after my assessment, I vow to put this all behind me and enjoy my summer break! No reason to worry or stress when I won't know whether or not I got it until the end of NOVEMBER!!! ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh sh**. I forgot to ask you how this went? How did it go?

Blair said...

well, it wasn't as bad as i thought but it was tough. it's the kind of thing you BS your way through and then cross your fingers that the person reading (and assessing) my responses won't realize i was talking out my ass! worst part about this whole process is i won't know anything till November!