Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Is There Anybody Still Out There?

My last post was seven months ago and ever since then I have wanted to continue blogging but I just wasn't finding the time. I think so much of my blogging last year was to avoid the real writing I should have been doing for National Boards and with no National Boards to work on (because I PASSED!!!) I just wasn't opening up my laptop as frequently. I also started teaching Kindergarten this year and was by no means prepared for how busy I would be: arriving early, staying late, professional development, parent workshops, etc. It has been like my first year teaching all over again. All excuses for my lack of blogging aside, I am writing this post to alert all my past readers (if any of you are even still checking my dusty, old blog) that now I have a reason to begin blogging again: I have started grad school!

So now I am motivated to begin my procrastination all over again, plus in this technology driven society we're in now, professors actually encourage (and assign grades to) blogging! I'm excited to be back in the blogging world!

6 comments:

MadMad said...

Welcome back! I missed you! (And congrats on everything!) I, too, have been feeling like blogging is just a whole bunch of procrastination... but I didn't know you could get graded for it! Maybe THAT'S what I should do - go back to school!

Casdok said...

Yes congrats on starting grad school! They encourage blogging?! Excellent!

Jen Barney said...

I am so happy that you are back! I will look forward to reading your post again!

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations on passing your National Boards; that's no small feat!

Blair said...

Tense:
Thanks! It was by far the hardest thing I have done. Thankfully I had teammates who were also going through the NB process with me. Without them I am convinced I would not have passed.

Johnny Virgil said...

good to see you back at the keyboard!