Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'd Rather Not be Appreciated

I fell for it again. The doughnuts in the basement. At least once or twice a week someone brings doughnuts, bagels, cookies, Starbucks...something for the teachers, and places their baked good in the teacher's lounge. An e.mail is sent out to the staff saying, "The PTA Hospitality Committee has brought doughnuts to show their appreciation for all you do. ENJOY!" The rest of the day I am battling the voice in my head, that every 30 seconds or so says, "Doughnut."

My willpower is weak. I won't go to the store and buy doughnuts....not ever... but when they are right in front of me I will not say no. Plus, I deserve a tasty treat right? At least the Hospitality Committee thinks so.

I have a theory that secretly the Hospitality Committee has a strong desire to make me fat. I don't know why this committee wishes this upon me, but they are succeeding in all their attempts. For that matter, I think a lot of my own colleagues and students have this same mission.

No one wants to gain weight, but everyone wants that damn doughnut in the basement... at least I do and I might even eat two.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

And that it's in the basement makes it all the more humiliating. Like you're sneaking it.

The real question is, do you eat only one? Or do you scarf one in the basement real quick and then take another one back to your room with you...

Blair said...

haha... you know me very well

Ashley said...

Only because I know myself...

Mimi said...

Hey, today I had the extra slice of pizza left over from my "lunch date" with the kids AND a birthday cupcake...(sigh)